Sunday, April 18, 2010

Add another mark for the Czar!


Just got home from RCU's season opener. We had a great day of racing with 31 boats total, making it a long and fun day full of racing. Looking towards results John Gatjens won the 2nd connie driving his new 1974 U-95. The 2nd connie was run just for fun, but the 1st connie was run for the last position in the final. Kirk Maupin won with his Esquire Products, thus giving him the trailer position. As most of the field trolled to the line at 20 MPH I went for the old fashioned flying start, found a hole in lane 2 and ran away with it never looking back. This gives me 5 victories since my dads passing, all of which have been in his memory. It took me a year to add the fifth mark on the tool box for him, but today I was able to defend the Atomic Cup. The official final heat results are:
1. David Newton/1993 Miss Budweiser
2. Steve Schmitz/1985 Squire Shop
3. Dave Brandt/1994 The Tide
4. Dave Blackstein/1998 Llumar Window Films
5. Dustin Hicks/1993 Oh Boy! Oberto
6.Kirk Maupin/1977 Esquire Products
7. John Olsen/1991 Miss Madison

I have uploaded footage of the final heat to my youtube account. I will upload more pictures and videos tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment