Sunday, August 28, 2011

2011 RCU Diamond Cup

Well another race is in the books. Took the 1/8th scale electric Maverick out to RCU's Diamond Cup held in Granger Washington. Had a sub par day until the final round. I fortunately made the connie, won that and made it into the big show. In the final I decided to stay back and just finish, which turns out was a good idea as everyone tried to run over each other, and most of them did at one point or more! Ended up 4th place over all. The overall goal for the race was to make my way into the final heat... mission accomplished.

The boat runs better each time out, but the power is a bit much for the round nose hull right now. I had the same problem with a similar hull and a CMB nitro engine. A few more trips to the drawing board will help, but at this point I am happy with how the gear works, and have a better understanding of it all, which was the point of throwing the gear in a hull that was laying around.

With 2 races left, I am looking forward more to the offseason and time to get some projects started and finished. Next year should be interesting (as long as I do finish all of the projects).

Videos were taken of the finals, and I will upload them to the blog soon, so check back later to see how the race went down.

No comments:

Post a Comment